Today is the FIRST day of the rest of your life!

Friday, July 24, 2009

Three "new" Pink/Rose Swap Squares

The first one is the Rosy Dawn I finished earlier. I was not happy with the way it turned out, and so added the rose in the middle. That, and the given name, reminded me of a song from my younger days, Delta Dawn (what's that flower you've got on). Needless to say, I have renamed my square. ;o)

The second one is the Elizabeth Square by Chris Simon. I really really love the Dusty Pink and how it makes the other pinks blend in. I believe this to be a really gorgeous "Victorian" type square.

Last, but not least, is my second Diamond Square. It is exactly the same as the other, with one small change in a sc row. This is another square I love a lot.

Although I am changing colors quiet a bit per square, I am not having trouble with
doing my way of cutting at the end of each row. It is very relaxing to me for some reason. I had read that many Russian patterns call for the yarn to be but and then start all over again from the original side and go across again. At one time I thought that it was a practice borne out of madness, but now I'm starting to like the idea a lot! As a matter of fact, if I don't cut the yarn and start with my air crochet stitch, I am finding it difficult on a sc row as to which loop is actually the loop into which I am suppose to slip stitch.

I think I'll make several Elizabeth squares for myself, as well as some additional Diamond Squares to dot the Pink/Rose afghan throughout, giving it some continuity.

No comments:

Post a Comment