Today is the FIRST day of the rest of your life!

Saturday, November 15, 2008

New Autumn Purse for the Church Bazaar

I had this camouflage yarn in acrylic that I thought might make a nice tight body for an Autumn colored purse. It did, except I ran out of it! So, I added black Wool-Ease on each end to finish up. It isn't as thick, so the weave was not as tight. However, it did turn out nicely.

I wanted it washable, so realized that I could not hook the handles on permanently. Therefore I used button flaps on the inside to that should the new owner decide to change handles, it would be very easy. I made a Japanese type knot and half of a butterfly closure to the middle could close easily. I found it holds three skeins of Vanna's Choice yarn quite nicely!


The second photo shows that it isn't a large purse, but large enough. I did not line it, so it would not be good to carry bobby pins or little pens around, but is a good purse to toss in larger items for a quick trip to church or the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment