Today is the FIRST day of the rest of your life!

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Eileen's new Drops yarn, Garn Studio designed hat




Rolled Brim Casual Hat

Rolls up a lot or Rolls up a little!


Rolls up in back, pulls out in front!

Hat is Garn Studio pattern 103 in Alaska wool by Drops (same people). I buy the yarn from Rams Wool in Canada, although it is from Norway - 50 grams each skein. It took about four skeins, 5 mm hook. Great texture and easy to crochet.

I think that the hat is cute, but not necessarily on me (looked better on the model)! I gave it to my sister-in-law. It's a bit bigger than I would have liked. I suppose that's the way it is suppose to fit. All in all, because it is nearly all single crochet except for the "baubles", it took more time to make that I had expected, but still easy. There is always a bright spot!

I'm starting a sweater for our granddaughter for her birthday in March. A Mauve/Lavender color...one of those dusty kind. Very beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment