Today is the FIRST day of the rest of your life!

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Progress is Our Most Important Product

So far, I have finished joining - slip stitch through the back loop only with right sides facing.  I have bordered two times in Lamb, and one sc in Sapphire. I am finished with one row of the fancy border - the page with the orange border is what I am using - and have started on the second row (not show yet).


I am using Fern, which is a step up in brightness from the Sweetpea in Vanna's Choice. It isn't as much of a change as the photos seem to indicate...just a tad brighter.  


Isn't this border gorgeous! Mine never look this good, though. This is pattern #93, a fav.


I am also posting a shot of the book, in case you see it somewhere you just HAVE to buy it!  Once you get the hang of it, then you can apply any pattern sequence to your borders.

While working on this I was thinking about some pattern books I have purchased for Terry Kimbrough afghans.  I haven't picked one up in ages, so grabbed one up and found the most scrumptious lacy patterns.  They are not what you would want on a cold Winter's day, but nice to cut a slight chill from the air.  The thing I loved the most is that she carries her pattern into her orders, and her borders are very large and very beautiful. They look to be about six or seven inches wide.

If I could figure out how to do one of her borders without doing the whole of the afghan, I'd apply it to one of the next ones just to have something REALLY fantastic!

This one is beautiful!


No comments:

Post a Comment