Today is the FIRST day of the rest of your life!

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Shimmer!

This is a pattern I worked up in Shimmer by Red Heart.  It is the same I had used for the eldest granddaughter's last sweater.  Thought I'd make another one a little larger, but I think this one is TOO large.  I have a nifty neat PDF that gives logical measurements so am going to run it past those pages once I measure. Should have had it before I started.  

It is pretty though, and if she can't wear it now, she can wear it later....sort of like the candy...Now and Later!


I need to add buttons, or some sort of clasp system.  I love the sparkle in this yarn, as well as the drape. Unfortunately I think my added waist interest makes it look a little too "mature" - she is only six years old!

2 comments:

  1. I disagree. I think it is darling with the waist. It will look so cute on her and she will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the waist design . . it adds some cuteness to a basic sweater design . . . now, if you had made a see through bodice, I might agree that it was too mature . . .LOLOL

    ReplyDelete