Today is the FIRST day of the rest of your life!

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Gifts

The top photo is of some wrist warmers I made for a swap.  I made up my own pattern, so they aren't the best, but they were made with love!  I believe I started out with 27 stitches and worked in the round. I used Purple Mist from Vanna's Choice, and a crochet stitch that makes it look knitted ... it also makes the fabric very thick, which is good, I suppose, if you want warm gloves. For a sweater, however, I would think a larger hook would be in order - as well as a lot of patience.  I believe it is called a split single crochet.  Easy as pie.  I did a crab stitch around the top to give it a more finished look.  The wrists were and still are a problem for me. Crochet doesn't have the stretch that knit has, so I am thinking that some sort of buckle-affair would have been a good thing to add for snugness. Is that a word???

The potholder is the one lots of people make - the Magic Potholder I think it is called by some.  It was smaller than I would have liked, but did like the way the front and back looked so different. It is made from the washable wool.









 

No comments:

Post a Comment