Today is the FIRST day of the rest of your life!

Friday, June 25, 2010

Preston's Square

A friend from Ravelry has a nephew who was hurt badly at 6 months old. He was recently put in the hospital and is around the age of 21.  Due to the childhood brain injury he is more like a 8 year old. He has had a very hard time getting well, so many in the Vanna's Choice Fan Club group are donating a square or two for his recovery blanket all in Barney colors. This is my hasty donation...they have to be in quickly to give Pat, the putter-together-person time to get it made and off to him. I didn't even know who Barney was/is! ;o)

I am soooooo far behind in all of my projects and promises it is embarrassing. With company here since the 9th of June, it has been touch and go in all things crochet. Just a few more days to hang on! The great part is that I so enjoy their company! REALLY nice people. There is another couple that is in the area, but they decided to stay with relatives in the town near here, so I am not having to deal with yet another group like we had first thought.

This square is in Jan Eaton's 200 Square Blocks to Crochet and is called the Tri-Colored Square. It is really "ho hum" in the book, but changing to bright colors makes it awesome!

1 comment:

  1. I love that pattern and the colors are fantastic - I love the "barney" colors - this piece really pops! Great job.

    I know what you mean about being behind with promises. I love to crochet, but when I feel rushed it takes the joy out of it for me.

    Take care and God bless!

    ReplyDelete