Today is the FIRST day of the rest of your life!

Friday, June 12, 2009

Tunisian Square

This is a swatch of a new Tunisian stitch I'm learning. The book calls it a large pebble stitch, but it is more of a cable stitch to me. I am using the Tunisian Knit Stitch - 10 stitches in on the return row I chained five, then continued in sequence for six stitches, then chained five again and continued for the next 10 stitches. The next two rows are made in the TKS, and the 3rd row on the return you make the chains again.

When all is said and done you can go back and chain them up the row by hand. You can see them looped over the hook...which is really only there to hold the swatch down.

What I didn't like about the swatch is that the pattern calls for the stitch to start about four rows up. it leaves too gaping a space to look good as far as I am concerned. If I make a sweater using this I would start on the second row. Also note, I am using the Foundation Row which gives Tunisian better flexibility at the bottom rather than the tight non-forgiving normal bottom of a Tunisian fabric.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, what do you think about this? It's kind of weird that you have to chain them up the row by hand, isn't it? Interesting.

    ReplyDelete