Today is the FIRST day of the rest of your life!

Sunday, July 5, 2009

For Squiggle - Vanna's Choice Dusty Squares exchange

This is the Marigold pattern in Jan Eaton's book. In this swap we don't have too many colors from which to choose, and I didn't want a "stripey" look (I don't think that is a real word!). I just dropped the green and picked up the pink, and vice versa, weaving in the ends as I go. I was not happy with the holes in the middle of the flower as they looked like spokes on a wheel. I sc around the top portion of one of the posts ("spokes") and chained 6, then sc to near the bottom. Then chained 6 again and sc to the top of the next one, all the way around, going up and down. It still didn't looked filled in enough, so did 5 chains and just went around the very bottom of the posts in the same manner, only one sc per post as there wasn't enough room for more chains to be attached. I think it turned out nicely. I do have one error to fix on this one, and then she is ready to go with her sister when I finish THAT one!

On another note, I have a favorite site that I have never posted and just realized how selfish that is of me.  I discovered her a couple of years ago and just love her patterns. She has a refreshing look to her children's clothes, which I believe is from her Russian heritage if I have that right.....one does get somewhat forgetful at my age!

Check her out and let me know what you think.  MyLittleCityGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment