Today is the FIRST day of the rest of your life!

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Home Again!

I'm back!

It was an interesting trip down south...seems all the tragedies and bad weather followed me wherever I went...just like the last time I traveled across country.  Tornados and thunder storms across Arkansas and Mississippi, some tornado activity in Georgia and a poor young man found drown in Savannah who was missing for two months.  That was sad.

My friends in Mississippi moved from the Gulf Coast after the last two hurricanes due to damage on their home there.  This year they have been narrowly missed by a tornado, so are now talking about moving back to Idaho! ;o)  They won't, but I do understand how they feel.

So have you seen the Savannah area? It's beautiful - this is called Skidaway Island, off the coastal area of Savannah. My dear friend and her hubby live there (18 years) and it is a golf course community. No fences allowed so they have those electric underground security fences to keep their animals inside the yard. There are alligators in the lagoons. (Gives me goose bumps).


Great food, great company, and a very relaxing time. Southern Time. Can't get better than that! Warmer than here, but it wasn't hot. Just right!


Spanish Moss is so beautiful hanging in the trees. I was told that it doesn't act as a parasite and doesn't take from the tree, but eventually it can smother the tree if people don't take it down every so often.


Of course, the houses are gorgeous, too! You really should visit!

2 comments:

  1. I think it's beautiful to look at, but the deep South has not been kind to my health. Mosquiotoes, allergies, skin conditions due to humidity and heat...I enjoy all the green vegitation and the old oaks draped with the spanish moss, but for me, it's very difficult climate to live in. Maybe one day, I can afford to move further north, towards the Blue Ridge Mountains where it's cooler and snows sometimes, now that would be more up my alley.

    I'm glad you had a lovely visit. You sure take beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing.
    Kind Regards,
    Doris :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful area to spend a vacation . . . especially with friends.

    ReplyDelete