Today is the FIRST day of the rest of your life!

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Memphis Fingerless Gloves

Memphis Fingerless Gloves is a project in the Naturally Caron web site.  The design is by Kim Rutledge, and the gloves are made in Naturally Caron Country....an acrylic and Merino Wool.  I love the way these operetta style gloves look - measuring about 15 inches long.

I almost think that if one were talented enough, the gloves could be turned into an actual sweater, too.  I doubt that is a project I will ever attempt, but it seems like it would be a worth while endeavor.

I'm going to purchase some of this yarn tomorrow, and once I finish making my charity squares I am going to attempt these.  Anyone out there want to try them too?  The pattern is FREE!

4 comments:

  1. Just a quick note to tell you I have awarded your blog the Sunshine Award. So come by my blog to pick up the button. Congrats!

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. After a second look at the gloves . . .I would LOVE to see the edging on them on the cuff of sweater . . . make the sleeves longer and end with this . . luscious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look just fabulous.The colors chosen is perfect.The pattern makes them look so delicate and well in shape and size.

    blanket

    ReplyDelete